I was recently tagged by bottlecappie over at Diary Of A Quitter to participate in the Favorite Five meme.
Let me just say that I get nervous when I get tagged for things like this. I appreciate it, I really do, but I start to get nervous about who I’m going to tag. Do I even know 5 people? But I’ll give it a shot anyway.
The rules are simple:
- 1. Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like.
- Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
Ok…here we go:
- Family – Hands down I pick the Mereggie post. This post, while not about my own family, is an example of just how much addiction effects the whole family. If you are familiar with the Mereggie site, you know that that the site was constructed in memorial of Reggie McDonald who passed away. The site is a true reminder that addiction happens to our loved ones, our friends, our brothers, our uncles and our sons.
- Friend – for this I decided to actually link to one of my online friends. I chose The Discovering Alcoholic and I’ll tell you why. From almost the first day that I began blogging about my recovery TDA has been very supportive and very inspirational to me. He has encouraged me more than he is probably aware so as I’m closing in on my one year sobriety anniversary I want to take this chance to say…Thank you.
- Yourself – I chose my About Me page for this. It is the first thing that I ever wrote and put out there for the world to see. It was a totally honest look at how I ended up in addiction recovery and how I intend to live my life from here on out.
- Love – In my post Addiction Recovery: The Relationship Aftermath I spoke very honestly about how much my marriage had suffered due to my addiction. This post was written in May of last year and it touched on just how hard it was to pick up the pieces after entering into recovery. The thing that I tried to communicate in that post was that little by little my marriage was also recovering. I’m glad to say that my husband and I are back to a loving, trusting place that we haven’t been in years…that is love.
- Anything – My favorite post has to be A Break In The Denial this post was written no to long ago and it’s about my brother finally realizing the severity of his addiction and coming forward to ask for help. It’s only been a little under a month but the changes that I’ve seen in him make me feel really hopeful that he can keep going strong in his recovery. For a long time there I was left to deal with this shell of the person that I loved but I’m glad to say that today I have my baby brother and friend back and it feels great.
So now onto the part that makes me nervous and uncomfortable…tagging other people: